We have compiled a substantial resource Bereavement and Loss to give school leaders support and ideas when dealing with this sensitive situation.
"Some of the most poignant moments I have experienced in over forty years as a Christian minister have been in schools following a death in their community ... There are no simple formulae for such occasions. There could not be a more timely or helpful resource."
From the Forward by Rt Revd Dr Alan Wilson, Bishop of Buckingham to 'Bereavement and Loss'
Bereavement and Loss includes:
Lessons on grief and how children of different ages may understand and react to death
- Model bereavement protocol and sample letters
- Information sharing pathways
- Engaging with your local church and incumbent
- Guidelines for breaking news of the death to staff, governors and pupils
- Long term support strategy
- Ways of remembering
- Poetry and prayers
- Collective worship during bereavement
- Suggested books - for children and adults
- Links to further support material
Download Bereavement and Loss.