image of children in hard hats and high-vis jackets on building siteOur work primarily covers  Voluntary Aided (VA) schools and the ODST/ODBST multi-academy trusts. Voluntary Controlled (VC) schools should manage their premises in conjunction with their local authority and standalone academies directly with the DfE. However, all schools are welcome to contact us for support with specific projects. 

The team includes in-house building surveying and project management expertise. We liaise with the Department for Education to secure grants and funding, providing administrative and financial support. We also meet with local authorities and other agencies on behalf of schools.  We also occasionally implement some projects on behalf of local authorities.

The ODBE property team  provides support and advice to schools on a range of development, improvement and capital refurbishment matters, including energy efficiency.

Large projects in all types of school require ODBE’s approval under the DBE Measure.

Services Provided

VA schools - Management of SCA programme, DFC project approvals, financial management

All schools - General premises advice/queries 


Jane Maharry - Premises Officer  

email Jane Maharry or tel: 01865 208276




Page last updated: Wednesday 6th October 2021 11:53 AM
Privacy Notice | Powered by School Edit